With spring just around the corner, it’s important to maintain both the inside and outside of our homes.
Below are a few easy tips to get your home ready for spring:
- Clean and remove debris from your window wells, rain gutters and down spouts.
- Trim back overhanging tree limbs and overgrown shrubs around your home. If you are in a wildfire-prone area be sure to trim all vegetation at least 100 ft. from your home.
- Inspect and clean up debris surrounding your air conditioner. If you detect any problems, schedule to have your air conditioner serviced.
- Turn on your outdoor water faucets and sprinkler system., Check the main lines and sprinkler heads for any sign of leakage and make necessary repairs.
- If you have a wood deck, now is the time to clean and inspect the wood for stains or warping. Remove any debris that has accumulated over the winter and replace damaged wood. Consider restaining your deck before you bring out the patio furniture!
- Clean off your concrete and apply a sealer. Visit our post Maintain and protect your concrete for more great tips.
- Change your furnace air filter. A clear filter will increase your homes air flow and increase your furnace’s energy efficiency.
- Remove hair from drains in sinks, tubs, and showers.
- Test all smoke alarms and replace batteries.
- Inspect washer hoses and clean your dryer vents inside and outside your home. Washer hoses should be replaced every five years and dryer vents should be thoroughly cleaned every six months. This will make your appliances last longer, use less energy, and run safely.
- Clean and reseal tile floors, showers and counter tops.